Breakfast Egg Bites
Breakfast is often times one of the hardest meals for my clients to prioritize. People tend to be busy and rushed in the morning which often results in skipped breakfast, a crash around 10 or 11 am and a binge at lunch or dinner. Make these egg cups ahead of time and store in the fridge for a quick and nutritious breakfast or snack on the go!
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 10 ea. Eggs, large
- 4 ea. Slices of bacon, crumbled
- 4 ea. Baby portabella mushrooms, diced
- 2 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ea. Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ea. Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 ea. Onion, diced
- 4 T. Salsa
- To taste. Cilantro, chopped
- To taste. Salt and pepper
- As needed. Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Stir in mushrooms, bell pepper and spinach, cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until even. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Distribute vegetables evenly in muffin tin.
- Place one teaspoon of salsa on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces and cilantro into each cup.
- Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until eggs spring back when poked.