Healthier Edible Cookie Dough
One of the mindsets I have adopted in my life is the 80/20 rule. This means that 80% of the time, you are eating foods that are made with whole and natural ingredients, and 20% of the time you are living your life. Eat foods that make you happy to create a sustainable balance and healthy lifestyle long-term., but sometimes it is great to have a mix of the two, which is where this recipe comes in. I am the first to admit that I have a sweet tooth, so I created this recipe to be both healthy and delicious.
- 2 c. Rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1-1/2 c. Peanut butter
- 1/2 c. Ground flaxseed
- 1/2 c. Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 1 serving Protein powder (I like unflavored whey)
- In a mixer, combine peanut butter and honey. Stir on a low setting until well combined.
- Add in flaxseed, chocolate chips, protein powder, and slowly stir in the oats until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Roll into 24 balls and store in the fridge.