Sweet Potato Toast with Chia Seed Jam
Sweet potato toast may look complicated and difficult to make, but I am here to tell you that is not the case! When you take a few minutes to prepare them ahead of time, it makes mornings a breeze!
- 1 ea. Sweet potato
- 1 c. Berries of your choice (I prefer raspberries)
- 4 T. Peanut butter
- 1 T. Chia seeds
- 1 t. Avocado oil
- Optional Toppings of your choice: nuts, coconut, granola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice sweet potato length-wise to create long and thin slices.
- Brush each slice with a small amount of oil or use avocado oil spray. Make sure to cover both sides in oil.
- Spread slices of sweet potato out on baker’s rack, place into the oven, and bake for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Place the berries in a small pot and cook on medium heat until the berries are mushy and bubbly. Stir constantly.
- Once the berries have thickened, stir in the chia seeds and honey and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until “jam” is formed.
- Once the sweet potato toast is cooked, remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Lastly, spread on one piece of sweet potato toast with peanut butter, chia seed jam, and your toppings of choice.